About Me

My photo
I am a young college student in New England trying to find my path towards a career in literature. I am also trying to find my path in the maze that is Bipolar depression and mood disorder. I believe that there is something divine in the pain of life, and I have great hope and love for those sufferers.

Friday, February 12, 2010

I'm in repair, I'm not together but I'm getting there...

Reality.....is relative. Sometimes my reality one day is not my reality the next. For example, my last entry does not continue to be my reality. That's one of the very strange experiences bipolar has to offer. What if you had to make decisions based on a reality that was always changing? Which part of yourself would you listen to, which part would get a vote? And would that part carry the same weight the next time the tables turn?

A complicated business.

Not a few times I've thought of giving into the crazy. Just letting go of this ships wheel. Because it gets so heavy during the storms.

But I could never let this ship go adrift. I could never bare to see it's polished wood broken and splintered against some ocean floor.

That's why it's so important to remember that reality is relative. I remember this everytime I stand at my helm, wind-battered and weary. I remember all I have to do is hold the wheel. Because every storm will pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment